Counselling Services: It All Starts With A Call.
This process of engaging our Counselling Services usually starts with a free phone consultation. Once the decision has been made to move forward with the addiction counselling service, follow up with in-person meetings will take place, allowing us to obtain the necessary details and acquire an overview of your needs, and forming the outline of the plan of recovery for your alcohol & drug addiction intervention.
Drug & Alcohol Interventions
There are 2 basic types of Intervention approaches; Confrontational and Non-Confrontational. Most intervention professionals will use a confrontational approach. This approach may be appropriate in extreme circumstances, especially when someone’s life is at imminent risk due to their substance-use, however, if possible, we’d like to go with an easier and softer way to ensure buy-in.
For a lot of individuals, the confrontational approach just doesn’t work. You might get the individual into treatment, but once there, they become angry and bitter and don’t engage because of the way they’ve been backed into a corner. People who are forced to participate and less likely to participate willingly.
We don’t want the treatment process being unsuccessful, because aside from costing thousands of dollars, we don’t want to be back in this situation all over again. We’ll ensure you find your feet by providing guidance and counselling services the entire way through if necessary.
For serious health and safety reasons associated with withdrawal it is important to have an addicted individual take part in our detoxification support services. We provide different options for withdrawal management, from inpatient to outpatient depending on the severity of the alcohol or drug dependency. Please note, a detoxification process only address the physical dependency and not the underlying biological, psychological and social factors of alcohol & drug addiction.
Addiction Treatment Program
We create a personalized addiction treatment program for every client. For a very long time and still to a very large degree, addiction recovery programs have a particular philosophy they follow. Everyone coming in to the treatment program is made to conform to their approach. As you can imagine, this style works for some, about 25%, and the other 75% who are not suited to these methods are told things like “you won’t make it”, or “you aren’t trying hard enough”. This more often than not leaves the client feeling defeated and compounds their frustration, which then leads to more resistance. These types of experiences can cause people to give up on treatment all together and never want to try it again. Given the deadly nature of addiction, this outcomes must be avoided at all costs.
What sets us apart in this process is how we address each client as an unique individual. We introduce each client to a variety of addiction treatment modalities. Allowing them to choose for themselves which approach or combinations of approaches is best suited to their personality. Giving the client’s a say in their treatment direction empowers them to make healthy decision. This empowerment leads to feeling of self-confidence and aids in the development of their self-esteem. Addiction plays a destructive role in breaking people down, but it’s our responsibility as treatment providers to build them up. We take that responsibility very seriously because we know how important it is in the healing process.
Recovery Coaching supports the alcohol & drug addiction rehab aftercare plan. Counselling Services are a vital part of the program. Our team provides critical ongoing professional guidance and direction while the addicted individual develops their independence.
Our recovery solutions are not only intended to support the addicted individual’s recovery, but the entire family as well. Alcohol & drug addiction is emotionally draining for everyone involved, and this emotional impact often leads the family to adapt some unhealthy and destructive patterns also. This can cause the family to inadvertently develop some unhelpful behaviors, like disengaging, nagging, pleading or even threatening, but these strategies can unintentionally reinforce the using response for your loved one. Therefore, getting a deeper understanding of addiction and learning effective alternatives to helping your loved one is what our family program is designed to do.