We create an addiction treatment program that will fit the individual, and avoid fitting the individual into a program.
For a very long time and still to a very large degree addiction recovery programs have a particular philosophy they follow. Everyone coming into the treatment program is made to conform to their approach. As you can imagine this style works for some, about 25%, and the other 75% who are not suited to these methods are told things like “you won’t make it”, or that “you are not trying hard enough”. This more often than not leaves the client feeling defeated and compounds their frustration leading to more resistance. These type of experiences can cause people to give up on treatment all together and never want to try it again. Given the deadly nature of addiction this outcome is horrific.
What sets us apart in this process is how we address each client as an unique individual. We introduce each client to a variety of addiction treatment modalities. Allowing them to choose for themselves which approach or combinations of approaches is best suited to their personality. Giving the client’s a say in their treatment direction empowers them to make healthy decision. This empowerment leads to feeling of self-confidence and aids in the development of their self-esteem. Addiction plays a destructive role in breaking people down, but it’s our responsibility as treatment providers to build them up. We take that responsibility very seriously because we know how important it is in the healing process.
Our certified addiction treatment team will bring forth all of the best evidence based treatment models and strategies to overcome addiction.
All the best models such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Wellness, Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy, Dialectical Behaviour Therapy, and Harm Reduction. While also integrating therapeutic community organizations such as, Refuge Recovery, Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous and SMART Recovery into the process. We then allow the client to choose which aspects of these approaches are best suited to them and their needs. This empowers the client by providing them with the necessary information. Clients choose the tools and therapy to overcome their problematic substance use.
There are a lot of treatment centres that will ask you to keep an open-mind when it comes to their approach. Then they will turn around with a closed-mind and tell you about a very narrow path to your success. This is a very old style of addressing addiction, and this could not be further away from our approach. We believe strongly in building the client’s independence by allowing them to connect to the power of their own choice. If you are searching for a different and more effective addiction treatment approach, then please call or email us today to discuss your options.
We can’t thank Jeff Norell, owner of Pacific Interventions enough for stepping in to save our daughter from a life time of addiction. It’s still early days in her recovery but due to Jeff’s timely efforts and extensive knowledge she wouldn’t be where she is today…approaching the light at the end of the tunnel. She’s now in a safe environment surrounded by competent, caring social workers, doctors and counsellors. Jeff’s advice reflects his vast experiences, empathy for all involved and professionalism. If you and your loved ones are trapped in the addiction nightmare, the best advice we can give you is contact Jeff immediately.
I want to leave feedback from our experience with Jeffery Norell and Pacific Interventions, who helped us out of a potentially bleak outcome.
Up until last year, my stepson was heading down a road of addiction that was very quickly hurtling toward self-destruction. We had months of worry and stress and trying to figure out what to do. Finally, my husband Peter
So often when you are immersed in the turmoil of addiction of a loved one, you cannot see a way out nor when looking in to their life, you cannot make sense of it. Even the thought of an “outside force” such as a professional interventionist, having an influence seems like a waste of time. You think, my addicted person will never sit still through an intervention, let alone take the help that is being offered afterward. The worry that an ultimatum has to come with the intervention is heartbreaking, will the addicted person hate us forever? This is how my wife and I were feeling. I spoke to one professional and she told me “don’t try an intervention, it just won’t work”! I was